Thursday, March 31, 2011

Global VFX Workers - next step

Not long ago I posted  about a possible global VFX worker guideline or seal of approval.
Please read it if you haven't already.

I received some good responses directly from people.

So if we had a chance to take this to the next step, what is on your working conditions wish list?
Required turn around time?
Safer worker environments?
Paid overtime?

What are your top issues?

I know most people don't post comments on this blog. Usually I get one posting for several thousand reads. Well now here's your chance to stand up and be counted. Put your wish list solutions / complaints in a place that might actually make a difference in the future.

Thanks.

4 comments:

  1. I think this is a good idea. I think it has to focus on quantifiable parameters, and they are pretty clear - work hours, compensation, overtime, overtime compensation and frequency. There could be a 'tilt' parameter to factor in the subjective :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top Issues for me are:


    Medical and Retirement Benefits

    Overtime and appropriate overtime compensation.

    Reasonable Work Hours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scott, first off a note of thanks for this blog. I enjoy your posts and am thankful for the work you're putting into the cause.

    I have to echo the other comments:

    1) Benefits - Health + Retirement.

    2) OT and Compensation.

    3) Work hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. Keep the comments coming. Note that this isn't just a US list so no matter where you are post some of the issues you have.

    So what do people consider reasonable work hours?
    40? 60? 90? What would be the max?

    ReplyDelete

Messages are moderated so will be checked before posting. This can take a day or two.